How to become a Registered Pharmacist in U.S. ?

By: Pharma Tips | Views: 34236 | Date: 24-Nov-2012

The pharmacy profession is highly demanding and rewarding profession for many years in USA.In the US, opportunities abound in the profession of pharmacy. Currently, there are about 243,000 pharmacist jobs nationwide. Job opportunities are predicted to grow 22 per cent between 2006 and 2016 as the older generation of pharmacists retire, and the demand for pharmacy services grows to meet the needs of an ageing population.Foreign pharmacy students have excellent opportunities to practice in the US, both befor

Pharmacy as a Career in U.S And How to become a registered Pharmacist

US Pharmacist

The pharmacy profession is highly demanding and rewarding profession for many years in  USA.In the US, opportunities abound in the profession of pharmacy. Currently, there are about 243,000 pharmacist jobs nationwide. Job opportunities are predicted to grow 22 per cent between 2006 and 2016 as the older generation of pharmacists retire, and the demand for pharmacy services grows to meet the needs of an ageing population.

Foreign pharmacy students have excellent opportunities to practice in the US, both before and after graduation. A career as a pharmacist in the US offers excellent pay, workplace flexibility and an enriching professional environment. However, getting started is not without its challenges. Understanding US pharmacy is the first step

How to register as a pharmacist (Foreign Graduates i.e out of USA graduates) :

• First Step for foreign pharmacy graduates, they must take the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) and an English proficiency test (Test of English as a foreign language) like TOEFL only
* Know More About "FPGEE" - Click here
  • After Passing FPGEE Student has to complete internship hours.Each state requires a different number of intern hours (between 500 and 1,500) to qualify for the NAPLEX. some states use a sliding scale based on FPGEE scores. Usually, pharmacy schools implement these requirements into the curriculum with clinical rotations or experiential learning requirements
  • After obtaining the necessary internship hours, the student must pass the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX)
* Know More About "NAPLEX" - Click here
  •  After passing NAPLEX Student may have to take Multistate Jurisprudence Examination (MJPE), a state-specific test of the laws governing pharmacy, insurance, and healthcare
 * Know More About "MJPE" - Click here
The suffix “RPh”, which stands for registered pharmacist, can be used by anyone who has completed the licensure requirements and is currently registered to practice.

Career :

For last two decade, the Pharmacist demand is continually rising in all the developed countries.

The demand is continuously growing because of following reasons :
  • More than 47% of currently working Pharmacist are above age of 45 years
  • Old age population is dramatically increase in developed countries due to long life expectance
  • Increasing the rate and onset of chronic disease at early age
  • Local students are not preferring to study Pharmacy courses
  • Continually, increasing the responsibilities of pharmacist thus new era of pharmacy profession has evolved as  :
  1. Registered Pharmacist
  2. Clinical Pharmacist
  3. Hospital Pharmacist
  4. Consultant Pharmacist
  5. Disease management Pharmacist
  6. MMR Pharmacist
  7. Nuclear Pharmacist
  8. Geriatric Pharmacist
  9. Industrial Pharmacist
  10. Prescribing Pharmacist
Salaries vary greatly due to the large number of different job settings and employers. They may range from $1,00,000 to $2,40,000 or more per annum, but the higher paying jobs may require relocation, a busy work environment and long hours

FAQ's

Q : What is the important to get registration (License) as a Pharmacist in Abroad ?
A : There are numbers of positive reasons to become a registered pharmacist such as
  • Excellent job opportunities
  • (100:5) job ratio : meaning 100 position available as a Reg. Pharmacist and only 5 job available as a Non reg. pharmacist)
  • Wide variety of career options such as Community pharmacist, Hospital Pharmacist, Consultant pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacist, prescribing Pharmacist, also can work In Research, Academic and Industrial sectors.
  • In case of Non reg. Pharmacist considering as a General Graduate students so only option is Industries again market is very competitive nearly impossible to get entry.
  • Earning wise excellent wages for Registered pharmacist ($1,00,000/year(reg) $ 35000/year(non reg), means ratio of $50/hr : $ 14/hr)
  •  Excellent permanent settlement (PR) chances
  •  Excellent business opportunities (Own Pharmacy)
Q : is our 4years B.Pharm valid in all the developed countries ?
A : Yes, our 4 years B.Pharm is valid in all the first world countries like Canada, Australia, NZ, UK except USA (USA need 5 years of course study for Degree,So Pharm.D Indian Graduates might Get Eligible) Reference Website : nabp

Q : is our 4years B.Pharm valid in all the developed countries ?
A : No, you cannot because you must have to complete all the 3 steps in order to get registration as a Pharmacist in U.S.

Editor's Note : This Article is written in the point of view for Graduates of pharmacy in india and other Foreign Graduates and is still in developing stage.so,we welcome you to contribute by citing any mistake if any in the above content and share your knowledge that will improve this article - Thank you :)
Posted in: Carrer Guide
Previous Page Next Page

People Searching On This Page:
  • how to get job in foreign from india country by pharmacy
  • how pharm d grauates get job in foreign
  • b.pharma salary in usa
  • b pharma salary in usa
  • b.pharm jobs in usa
  • nmt4
  • b-pharmacy job in usa from india
  • how many years pharmacy registration
  • after pharmd in india work in us
  • how to pharmacist in usa
  • pharmacist job in usa for indian
  • PHARMA D GOT REGISTERED
  • to become a licenzed phaacist in cyprus
  • ip:180.149.245.195 registration
  • NEXT STEP AFTER FPGEE

Related Pages

BSC/ MSC/ B.Pharma/ M.Pharma Jobs as Quality Assurance Jobs in Sun Pharma

BSC/ MSC/ B.Pharma/ M.Pharma Jobs as Quality Assurance Jobs in Sun Pharma

Jobs | Quality Assurance
Date:
21-Dec-2016  Views: 47907

Sun Pharma ranks amongst India's largest pharma companies We’ve built a reputation for speciality therapy leadership and faster- than-industry growth ...
Sun Pharma buys GSK’s Opiates business in Australia

Sun Pharma buys GSK’s Opiates business in Australia

News | Pharma Companies
Date:
03-Mar-2015  Views: 1633

The current GSK Opiates business including related manufacturing sites in Latrobe (Tasmania) and Port Fairy (Victoria) and its portfolio products alon ...
15th Diabetes & Cardiovascular Risk Factors - East Meets West Symposium

15th Diabetes & Cardiovascular Risk Factors - East Meets West Symposium

News | Exhibitions & Conferences
Date:
21-Aug-2013  Views: 1661

Exhibition & Conferences: 15th Diabetes and Cardiovascular Risk Factors - East Meets West Symposium HongKong Convention and Exhibition Centre, October ...
Types of Tissue Culture in Plant Tissue Culture

Types of Tissue Culture in Plant Tissue Culture

Articles | Pharmacognosy | Plant Tissue Culture
Date:
01-Apr-2011  Views: 40436

-Cultures are generally initiated from sterile pieces of a whole plant.-These pieces are termed ‘explants’, and may consist of pieces of organs, such ...
Faculty job in Acharya Nagarjuna University as Professor and Assistant Professor

Jobs
Date:
05-Jul-2010  Views: 3462

Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Pharmacy with First class in Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, Ph.D. with minim ...
Post Your Comments (No Login Require)
Name : (required)
Email : (required)
Website :

Comment : (required)

67  + 8 =
Comments
p.v.v.s.narayana  |  19-Oct-2013 15:04:22 IST
sir this is narayana from india i did my B.pharmacy graduation in 2012 and right now i am working as a pharmacist and i am having one year experience as a pharmacist, i am planning to rellocate to united states of america, so can you please guide me what are the eligibilities and which tests i should appear.
sravan.punnam  |  10-May-2015 13:05:20 IST
sir i done Dpharmacy n Bpharmacy(2+3) am i eligible to work in as a pharmacist in us??
manju  |  11-May-2015 22:52:16 IST
sir this is manju from india. i did my M.pharmacy post graduation in 2009 and right now i am working as a pharmacist and having three year experience as a pharmacist, i am planning to rellocate to united states of america, so can you please guide me what are the eligibilities and which tests i should appear.actually i heared nelpex is too tough to crack it so really is it difficult?Plz guide
shreekant gupta  |  18-May-2015 13:29:33 IST
plz. guide me for registration in USA.. i have b.pharma degree from india of section2009-2014 from private university with 75% marks in aggrete.
Parth  |  23-Jul-2015 00:20:34 IST
Yes! A b. Pharma graduate can practice in USA, but u have to complete pharma d or doctor of pharmacy which is provided by pharmacy council of India to 24 universities in which u will get admission in 4th year of pharma d program so it's (2+1)4th and 5th year in college and 1 year internship, also u can prefix Dr. Under your name and u can practice anywhere in the world including Europe, nz, south America. Than you have to give naplex, fpgee and state licensure examination . hope this may help Follow the below link
Parth  |  23-Jul-2015 00:31:13 IST
However you will be a pharmacist in USA after all this but us government prefer green card holders first BUT there are private sectors and then their are Indians. So private pharma chains will always be open for job opportunities and their is lot of exposure though you are expected to earn less than national average but you will be in 20% of wealthy committee of usa
Nikita  |  17-Aug-2015 15:47:48 IST
I have done B.Pharmacy from a govt recognised college, So am I directly eligible for giving FPGEE entrance exam to become a registered pharmacist in US after completing my internship hours in US. If no, Is any additional qualification required to be eligible for appearing the FPGEE test. And what if I want to work there with my current B.Pharmacy degree which I am holding, will I be placed anywhere directly in US as a Pharmacist?
Aby Vincent  |  09-Sep-2015 13:53:13 IST
I'm a Pharm.D Intern(6th yr). Where can I apply for FPGEE and where the FPGEE examination conducted? IS the TOEFL taken from India is effective??
kiran patel  |  08-Feb-2016 12:07:35 IST
hi..sir
i completed my mpharma from india . and now i got the green card viza so for become a registered pharmacist in USA what are the requirment and mpharma degree is valid for this in USA.
RAVITEJA  |  10-Mar-2016 16:35:04 IST
Dear sir ,my name is Raviteja completed my b.pharmacy in 2014,i had 1 year experience as a pharmacist in India,i want to relocate in abroad,please guide me sir.
MAIL ID;raviteja_g999@yahoo.com
MOBILE NUMB;08179164704
Devalla kiran kumar  |  12-Mar-2016 19:52:55 IST
Dear sir ,my name is kiran kumar
completed my b.pharmacy in
2015,i have no experience,i want to
work industrial pharmacist in abroad,please guide
me sir.
vaishali  |  19-Mar-2016 21:33:27 IST
sir, i have completed my b.pharmacy course of 4 years and persuing my m.pharmacy course of 2 years in clinical pharmacy. i want to be a registered pharmacist in USA. i want to know that i am eligible for USA or not.. and guide me for registration procedure.
thank you.
gurdeep kaur  |  06-May-2016 22:57:22 IST
Hi sir, I have completed B.pharmacy and M.pharmacy in India. How can I become registered pharmacist in USA?
Amit Govindbhai Chhatrala  |  12-May-2016 09:08:49 IST
Respected Sir, I did my B.Pharmacy(4 years course) graduation in 1998 from India.Presently i am working as a Reg.Pharmacist in Pharmacy since last 18 years. I am going to USA in July'2016. I am eligible for staff Pharmacist work and for FPGEE exam. Please give me idea for that. Thank You
p shanker reedy  |  25-May-2016 13:00:42 IST
my name is shanker reddy i have completed in m pharmacy in india 2014 i have experience in 3 years in apollo, what is the process of usa pharmacist exam plz guide me sir mu mail id in shanker.reddy46
Sujith BS  |  21-Aug-2016 11:13:55 IST
Dear Sir,
Sujith BS  |  21-Aug-2016 11:14:46 IST
Dear Sir,
I have completed my D.Pharma and B.Pharma. I have 4 years of work experience. What kind of job can I get and to enter. Pls suggest
Ajay kumar  |  13-Nov-2016 20:45:53 IST
Respected sir,
i am undergraduate (diploma+degree holder)
pleas guide for job in USA.
what should i do ?
Ayushi patel  |  13-Jul-2017 15:47:41 IST
sir this is Ayushi from india i did my B.pharmacy graduation in 2015 and right now i am working as a pharmacist and i am having one year experience as a pharmacist, i am planning to rellocate to united states of america, so can you please guide me what are the eligibilities and which tests i should appear.
Faaz Farooqui  |  21-Sep-2017 11:16:43 IST
4 yrs course of b pharm is not excepted in US. Must be 5 yrs course.
3 steps in order to get registration as a Pharmacist in U.S.
sonika  |  16-Oct-2017 23:21:56 IST
i am sonika an indian hospital pharmacist working for 18 yrs in a government set up with masters in pharmacy
wish to know the job scenario of pharmacist of my experience
kindly update about hw to proceed for becoming a hospital pharmacist in usa. what all studies are required to b done and what other tests of eligibility are to taken
sonika
Ranjith P  |  01-Dec-2017 09:27:16 IST
Sir, I'm a PharmD student after finishing PharmD i want to work in abroad as a pharmacist.So please help me about eligibility exam and what we have to do.....
navjit  |  02-Jan-2018 11:16:17 IST
I am prsuing b.pharm (4th year)
after the completion of course I wanna go to abroad(austrailia) may I know wht will I have to do? is there any entrance exam in india, which will be helpful to get a job in abroad regarding my course?
Ramya  |  31-Jan-2018 15:30:24 IST
First of all USA requires Pharm D graduation to apply as pharmacist. The above steps are the right steps but before you start to apply you have to get all your documents verified (Education, transcripts, experience, passport, etc). Getting a H1B visa is not a problem because a pharmacist will get paid more than 1,00,000 US$. These procedures are very tough and you can get in touch with us on www.bioplannet.com to know more.
sherin  |  23-Apr-2018 17:17:48 IST
sir this is sherin from india i did my B.pharmacy graduation in 2017 and right now i am working as a pharmacist and i am planning to rellocate to united states of america, so can you please guide me what are the eligibilities and which tests i should appear.
sherin  |  23-Apr-2018 17:25:24 IST
sir this is sherin from india i did my B.pharmacy graduation in 2017 and right now i am working as a hospital pharmacist and i am planning to rellocate to united states of america or canada, so can you please guide me what are the eligibilities and which tests i should appear.
shalmali bapat  |  16-Jun-2018 11:35:06 IST
You have a provided a very important information on this topic which will be very useful for students who want to pursue career in pharmacy.Being naive at times most of the students didn't have any proper guidance so thanks a lot for your valuable post. Going to bookmark this for sure.
Nishit  |  06-Jul-2018 14:12:05 IST
Hello sir,
i completed my mpharma in 2014 from india and worked at medical pharmacy store for 2 years . and now i got the green card last week . I have done my evaluation through WES and got m charm equivalent in USA with 3.56 gpa. So for registered pharmacist what are the requirements to get license here in USA ? What should I do exactly ?
Hope to hear shortly from you. Thanks.
Dheeraj chaurasia  |  07-Jul-2018 17:15:16 IST
I wish to be abroad pharmacist I did b pharmacy from rgpv Bhopal what should I need to do
People Searched About:
How To Get Job In Foreign From India Country By Pharmacy   |   How Pharm D Grauates Get Job In Foreign   |   B.Pharma Salary In Usa   |   B Pharma Salary In Usa   |   B.Pharm Jobs In Usa   |   Nmt4   |   B-Pharmacy Job In Usa From India   |   How To Pharmacist In Usa   |   To Become A Licenzed Phaacist In Cyprus   |   Ip:180.149.245.195 Registration   |   NEXT STEP AFTER FPGEE   |   Pharmacist Job In Foreign Countries To Indian B. Pharmacy Student   |   How To Get Pharamcy License For A Foreign Pharmacy Graduate   |   Practice As Pharmmacist In Us After Mpharma   |   TEXT   |
Google : 2671 times | Yahoo : 30 times | Bing : 338 times |